2019 North Carolina Azalea Festival Boxing Applications
April 06-07, 2019
2019 North Carolina Azalea Festival's
41st Annual Boxing Tournament
Friday, April 5 - Sunday, April 7, 2019
With Special Guest
2019 North Carolina Azalea Festival Queen
Featuring "Championship Belts"
Sponsored by: NC Azalea Festival Association, Friends of Boxing, Inc., USA Boxing Inc., and LBC North Carolina
Dates: April 5, 6, & 7, 2019
Hotel & Registration: Budgetel Inn located at 4903 Market Street Wilmington, NC 28405.
Hotel Rates: $59.99 per night until April. (Need to Mention Boxing Rate)
Boxing Venue: Wilmington Convention Center located at 515 Nutt St. Wilmington, NC 28401
Coach Andre Thompson, (910) 622-5382, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Kristen McKnight, (910) 890-2312, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie Lynn Miller, E-Mail: email@example.com
Entry Procedures: Boxers must pre-register online on the NC Azalea Festival Boxing Website
Entry Fee - $10 on or before April 4, 2019
Walk-In Entry Fee -$20 on April 5, 2019
Online Entry Deadline: April 4, 2019. All online application & roster must be turned in by April 4, 2019, along with $10 Entry Fee
Log on to NC Azalea Festival Boxing Website. Online registration will close at Midnight on April 4, 2019.
Boxers can also log into USA Boxing Website, & NC Azalea Festival Boxing Website.
Absolutely NO registration on Saturday or Sunday! Boxers will need to weigh-in on Friday to be included in the draw.
Confirmation: All boxer's names, ages & number of bouts must be sent to Coach Andre (text, e-mail, or phone)
Walk-in/Paper Registration: $20 Entry Fee Friday, April 5th at 5pm-8pm. Need to be early enough to be in the draw.
Arrival Date, & Registration: Friday, April 5th from 5-8pm at Budgetel Inn
General Weigh-Ins: Budgetel Inn (Host Hotel) from 5-8pm Friday Night (a test scale will be available). The draw will occur after weigh-ins--9pm--once registration is complete.
Official Weigh-Ins and Physicals: Saturday, April 6 from 8-9am at the Budgetel Inn, located at 4903 Market Street
Event Dates & Start Time: Saturday, April 6 at 2pm & Sunday, April 7 at 2pm
Classifications of Boxers:
Novice: Less than 10 Bouts, Open: More than 10 Bouts (Boxer can box in the open division with five bouts)
Youth /Men 17-18 & 19-40: 108,114,123,132,141,152,165,178,201,201+ (Three 3 minute Rds.)
Youth /Women 17-18 & 18-40: 106,112,119,125,132,141,152,165,178,178+ (Three 3 minutes Rds.)
Junior Men 15-16: 101,106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154,165,176, 176+
Female 15-16: 106,110,114, 119,125,132,138, 145, 154,165,176, 176+
Intermediate Boys & Girls
13-14: 101,106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154,165,176, 176+
8: must turn 8 by April 5, 2019
Master Division: 35-UP: 101-108,114,123,132,141,152,165,178,201,201+
- All athletes & coaches must have Passbook. For boxers 2019 sticker & physical & red book for coaches with 2019 sticker.
- You cannot use the registration profile (paperwork) in place of your passbook. All boxers must have a passbook before they enter the ring.
- Boxer must pre-register online before April 4, 2019; $10 entry fee.
- If Boxer misses the online registration deadline, they can register at walk-in on April 5th from 5-8pm; $20 entry fee.
- Boxer & Clubs must also call, email, & text boxer’s roster to Coach Andre Thompson 910-622-5382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
- Must commit weight on Wednesday night registration.
- All boxers will Weigh-In on Friday night.
- Boxers must commit to one (1) weight class at tournament registration (Check-in) Weights are final.
- No weight allowance. All boxers must be on weight.
- Registration & General Weigh-ins will be from 5-8pm on Friday night. Scales will close promptly at 8 pm. A trial scale will be available.
- Official Weigh-ins will be Saturday morning from 8-9am.
- Awards will be given out on Sunday (Some awards may be given out on Saturday).
- Age determination is based on the boxer’s age as of December 31, 2019, & Date of Birth.
- You must provide your own Headgear, Cup, & Equipment for boxer & corner.
- Championship Belts will go to 1st place Winner and medals or trophies will go to the runner-up.
- NC Boxers & Coaches need to have current registration before April 5, 2019.
- Please print receipt page & Confirmation Number.
- All boxers must be currently registered with USA Boxing.
- Coaches & Clubs can now register their boxers under one club.
- All coaches must have a Red Book! Passbook must show up-to-date clinic or pass clinic.
- Length of RDS: Male & Elite & Senior (18-40) 3-3 Minute Rds, Youth (16-17) 3-2 Minute Rds, Female (17-40) 3-3 Minute Rds
- Age will be determined by the Date of Birth.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to be a USA registered boxer? Yes! All Boxers must have a USA Boxing Passbook & current license.
- Do coaches have to be licensed? Yes! All coaches must have a current up-to-date license.
- Does the boxer have to be on weight? Yes! No weight allowances.
- Will there be a trial scale? Yes.
- Do all male boxers need to be cleanly shaven? Yes! Mustache and other facial hair off.
- Can more than two boxers from the same state be in the same weight division? Yes.
- Do boxers need to commit to weight on Friday night? Yes.
- Will weigh-ins be from 5pm-8pm on Friday night? Yes.
- Will brackets be posted after the draw? Yes.
- How many boxers to a hotel room? They can have four boxers to a room.
- Will there be a curfew? Yes, there will be a 10 pm curfew.
- Does headgear need to be used for all bouts? Yes.
- Do boxers have to weigh-in on Friday? Yes.
- Do boxers have to weigh-in on Saturday? Yes.
Directions to Hotel
From: (HWY I-40) Take 40 East into Wilmington, look to your left & you will see Corning Company on your left. You will be coming in on South College Rd & coming up on a Bridge. Slow Down on top of bridge & turn right at Sign HWY 17, coming off the bridge you will turn left & hotel will be on your Right. (Budgetel Inn )
From: (HWY 74-76) Take 74 East into Wilmington & Crossover bridge & make a left turn off the bridge onto 3rd St. Burger King will be in front of you on your left. Make a left turn at Burger King and keep traveling down 3rd & make a right turn Market St. Stay in your right lane & travel down Market St. & hotel will be on your right.
From: (421) & all other direction you will follow the same direction at from above.